Tasmania has a unique and fabulous group of artists. I recently joined forces with the comics & animation side of the field for a group exhibition curated by Sarah Jane Moore. Follow Your Shadow explores the diverse world of comic art. There were large scale giant pieces, projected works and even little character sculptures that all had a story. The artists involved were Vivien Mason, Sarah Jane Moore, Grace Garton, Paula Hatton, Scott Baxter, Josh Santospirito, Paul Peart-Smith and me.
I chose to exhibit some of my comic diaries, which I have been working on and off for many many years. (Manuscript coming soon!)
My artist statement for the show:
1. "The 14 Steps", 2017, Not For Sale. 29cm x 126cm, Digital.
2. "Big Apple Diaries- Part 1", 2017, Not for sale. A3, Digital.
3. "Big Apple Diaries- Part 2", 2017, Not for sale. A3, Digital.
4. "Big Apple Diaries- Part 3", 2017, Not for sale. A3, Digital.
5. "The Titanic", 2015, Not for sale. A3, Digital.
6. "Wayne", 2015, Not for sale. A3 Digital.
7. "In Art, We Painted", 2015, Not for sale. A3 Digital.